Saturday, October 06, 2007

Father, Glorify Thy Name

John 12:27-28 KJV
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.


When Jesus faced the soul troubling prospect of the Cross He proposed this question to His disciples, " ....what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour...."

Jesus answered His own question by saying that He had actually come for the purpose of the Cross. Jesus said that instead of praying that He should be spared from the cross He would pray "Father, glorify thy name...."

When we face soul troubling times in our lives, perhaps our prayers would be better used if instead of praying that we could get out of those troubles, we would pray that our Heavenly Father would glorify His name through our troubles. In some cases, He would do that by delivering us. In other cases, He may do that through our testimony for His sake even though He does not deliver us. In either case, to pray that the Father would glorify His name would not be a prayer asked, "to consume on our own lusts."

No comments:

Post a Comment