Monday, May 12, 2008

Hide Me In Christ

Psalms 15:1-2 KJV
LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

I have often read these verses and attempted to work out the Christian life in them. However this morning it came to me. No one has kept verse two well enough to abide in the tabernacle of God. No one that is except Jesus Christ.

We have all sinned
We have all come short of the glory of God
We have all gone aside
There are none of us that are profitable to God

None that is, except Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ abides in the tabernacle of God
Jesus Christ walks uprightly
Jesus Christ works only righteousness
Jesus Christ speaks the truth in His heart

No one but Jesus Christ.

And I am, through faith hidden in Christ
Col 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. (KJV)

The Old Testament is a schoolmaster to bring us to Christ. That is as true of the Psalms as any other portion of Scripture.

I am going to stop trying to work my way through the Psalms of David and recognize that I can never measure up to the standard of the Psalmist of Israel. Instead, I will run and hide in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment