Thursday, August 21, 2008

Isaiah 40:29-31 KJV Power and Strength

Isaiah 40:29-31 KJV
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.


Typically I spend my time in verse 31 but this morning it was verse 29 that seemed to catch my attention. I long for the power and the strength of the Lord in my life.

As a human being, I need it to deal with the struggles that make up life.
As a Christian, I need it to overcome the sin that so easily besets me and to bring any glory to the Lord
As a pastor, I need that power and that strength in order to minister to souls and serve my Saviour


The passage tells me though, that only certain people get that power and that strength. There are qualifications. There are conditions.

The power comes only to those who are the faint and
The strength goes only to those who have no might


God only exalts the humble. I like manner He only empowers the weak. So in order to be strong in the Lord, I must see my own weakness. It is not a problem being weak. That is the condition of us all. The trouble is in recognizing the condition. In the flesh, I want to make myself strong; I want to pretend I have no need.

So through confession and humility comes power and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment