Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Least Grain

Amos 9:8-9 KJV
Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.
For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.


I love the assurances of mercy that are sprinkled throughout the Old Testament. Israel's sin was apparent and God would not ignore it. Still, God has every intention of keeping His promises to that nation. Though they would be sifted in the sieve of troubles, God said that every grain of good wheat would be kept.

And so it is in our lives today. God allows troubles to come but those troubles are not designed to utterly destroy us but to refine and purify us. They are designed to blow away the chaff in our lives so that when God is finished all that remains is the grain.

I am reassured by the fact that almighty God is well able to keep us and preserve us. Though it may seem as if the sieve itself will destroy us, God's Word on it is that even the "least grain" will not fall upon the ground.

I'll take God's Word on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment