Saturday, October 24, 2009

Strength To Strength

Psalms 84:7 KJV
They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.

No one has been able to invent the perpetual motion machine. Everything that that has life and energy finds that life and energy expends itself in the process of its life or energy. In other words, everything must be refueled.

We will eat a breakfast, but we do not expect that breakfast to sustain us indefinitely. We will need to eat again.
We slept a good night's sleep last night, but we will need to dothe same again tonight.
I received my paycheck, but I will need to receive another in order to continue to pay my bills.
I paid my bills, but I will have to pay them again.

Even inanimate objects expend energy and must have the energy restored.
I must fill my vehicles with fuel almost every week.
My propane furnace requires that its tank is refilled frequently (especially in the cold of winter)
My battery power razor must be recharged

All life and energy must be refilled, restored and revived. They must got from strength to strength

Why should we think it a strange thing that the same applies to that which is spiritual?
The soul that hears a sermon must hear another
The one who has been ministered to must be ministered to again
The believer that has been refreshed in the house of God must be refreshed yet again and again

And the same is true of the church itself. In order for the church to be revived, have fresh energy, experience the vigor of life, it must also be refilled.

That means the believers in the church help to maintain the life of their church by serving in ways that bring fresh visitors and new souls into the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment