Thursday, January 14, 2010

God's Doing What Can't Be Done

Isaiah 41:18-19 KJV
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.
I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, and the pine, and the box tree together:


It has not been that long ago where I read of Scofield's notes a commentary about the Christian prayer life. He said that prayer is a son making request of His Almighty Father and therefore the requests may transcend natural boundaries. Here is an example of just that. God is promising to Israel things that are outside of the natural boundaries. They exceeding abundantly above all that we could ask or think.

Rivers where no rivers are
Pools of water in wilderness and dry land areas
Trees in the desert places


The prophetical record reveals that all of these will happen, not figuratively, but literally in the Millennial Kingdom.

But I am asking for their spiritual counterparts in our ministry today.

There are people whose spiritual lives are like high places. They cannot be scaled by the average believer. They are unapproachable in order to reach them with the gospel.
There are people whose life is so spiritually parched and barren it is difficult to see how the gospel could ever spring to life within them
There are those whose lives have no fruit, no evidence of the Spirit's working in them


I am praying that our Heavenly Father do what seems impossible and unnatural.
I am praying that the most unreachable be reached
I am praying the the most barren and dry, spring forth with living waters
I am praying that the least likely to bear fruit would abound in the trees of God

No comments:

Post a Comment