Thursday, May 20, 2010

Prepare For Answer

Philemon 1:22 KJV
But withal prepare me also a lodging: for I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you.

I ought to prepare to receive the answers to my prayers.
Whether Paul was released to lodge again with Philemon or not is up to speculation. Some have asserted that since Paul expected to have this prayer answered that is grounds for us to preach he was released. They go on from there to preach that after his release he traveled to Spain and even to the regions beyond that in England. If this is the case it is not confirmed in the bible. I am more inclined to agree with Gill,
"....whether this hope and expectation of his were answered, is a matter of doubt and question: some think he was released, and went into several parts, and preached the Gospel, and then was taken up again, and committed to prison, and suffered under Nero, some years after; and others think not."

Be that as it may, there is a lesson I can learn about prayer:
• I ought to pray believing.
• I ought to pray believing enough to make provision for the answer.

So what do I do if the answer does not come? Simply thank the Lord for having some better thing. It does not diminish the power if God but only reveals the infirmity of my flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment