Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When God Will Not Hear

Proverbs 1:28 KJV
Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

I have heard and read preachers who warn that there comes a time in a man's life when he has quenched the Holy Spirit of God to the place where He will not hear our pleas for salvation.

Citing this passage and the account of Felix in Acts 24, who seemed to be under conviction but refused to be saved, and as far as the Biblical record reveals we believe he never got saved; illustrations are then given of
• Men on their death beds who cry out to the preacher, "It is too late, God will not hear me."
• Men trembling at the altar but who claim that same conviction; "God will not hear my cry."

But the only situation that may be attached to this passage with any authority would be when a man finds himself in hell. The rich man in hell pled for mercy but none was extended. Even his prayers for living family to be saved and spared that place of torment were left unanswered.

Nothing could be worse than eternal hell.

If there is a time on this earth when the repentant plea falls on the deafened ears of the Heavenly Father, I do not see it given to us in the Scriptures with any certainty. But I do see a literal hell where men and women cry out to the Lord but their prayers are unheard.

May God convict souls to be saved before it is too late.

2 comments:

  1. Miss Connie8:12 AM

    Preacher,
    Thank you for this devotion, especially.
    It was encouraging for me in the many
    discussions Dad and I are having.
    Thank you for your faithfulness.
    Miss Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Sister.

    ReplyDelete