Saturday, August 17, 2013

He's Exceeded My Dreams

Luke 19:5 KJV
And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

The commentaries suggest that Christ's statement "I must abide at thy house" is a royal mandate. I see it as the imperative of faith. What God has determined happens.
  • It is not by chance
  • It is no coincidence
  • It is the decree of God and is accomplished as He wills

Barnes notes, 
"This was an honor which Zacchaeus did not expect. The utmost, it seems, which he aimed at was to see Jesus; but, instead of that, Jesus proposed to remain with him, and to give him the benefit of his personal instruction. It is but one among a thousand instances where the Saviour goes, in bestowing mercies, far beyond the desert, the desire, or the expectation of men; and it is not improper to learn from this example that solicitude to behold the Saviour will not pass unnoticed by him, but will meet with his warm approbation, and be connected with his blessing."

Our Lord does beyond our dreams, desires or expectations. 


This has most certainly been my experience. Though serving the Lord has been far from easy, yet I can testify that God has blessed me far greater than I have ever deserved. And while I have had dreams that have not come to pass, I have also had blessings that surpassed my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment