Sunday, July 26, 2015

Hebrews 12:12-13 My Best Hope

Hebrews 12:12-13
Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed

Addressing a congregation that the Apostle says he is convinced is saved, Paul urges them toward three responses to their suffering for their faith:
  • Lift up their hands that are dragging from weariness
  • Do the same with their knees that have become feeble and
  • Walk a straight path with their feet
In other words, get over their moping about and move ahead energetically in Christ.

What interests me is the motivation for so doing. Paul urges them to pick it up for the sake of others struggling to do the same.

My best hope for a
  • cheerful
  • powerful and
  • successful 
walk with God is to help someone else have the same. We are all in this same boat. We are all pressed down by the world. We are all tempted to "turn out of the way" to back off of our faith and coast along with the world. In order for me to stay faithful I need others to encourage me to stay faithful. In order for them to stay faithful they need me to stay faithful.


So the most effective way for me to have the support I need for my walk with Christ is to support others in their walk with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment