Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Job 12:3 (KJV) Knowing Right and Wrong

Job 12:3 (KJV)
But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these?
Job acknowledged what was right in Zophar’s speech and proved what was wrong.
Zophar was right about the character of God“that there is a God that has made the world, and governs it; that he himself is unsearchable, infinite and incomprehensible; a sovereign Being that does according to his will and pleasure, and sees and knows all things, and does all things well and wisely, and according to the counsel of his will.”[1]
Zophar (and his friends) were wrong about the nature of sufferingIt does not always go well with the righteous, and evil men are not always immediately and obviously chastened.
One of the great problems of religion, especially Christian religion[2], is that there is enough right to fool the unsuspecting and careless hearer. They will say those spiritual things that may be agreed upon to give credence to those things less orthodox. Jesus did not commission churches to teach some things that are true but “all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” It becomes us to find the whole truth of the Bible and to obey and teach it.
I can only know the truth as I study the Bible and the Holy Spirit convinces me of it so I must be a personal student of the Bible.
[1] John Gill
[2] I use this term in contrast to a true and living relationship with Jesus Christ.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Job 12:3 (KJV) Knowing Right and Wrong

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment