Saturday, April 09, 2016

Job 19:21 (KJV) How to Give Real Comfort

Job 19:21 (KJV)
Have pity upon me, have pity upon me, O ye my friends; for the hand of God hath touched me.
Job had said earlier that his friends were miserable comforters. At first they sat silent. That may be the very best thing they did. But then they opened their mouths and, in a guise of bringing counsel, they really just attacked Job.
Job speaks here and says that whatever attacks they pressed upon him was nothing compared to what had been delivered to him by God.
And then Job offers what I think should be considered the right comfort. His friends would have been wonderful comforters if they had pitied him.
  • If they had been kind
  • If they had shown compassion 
  • If they had prayed 
All of these (which are implied in Strong’s definition of the word) would have been acceptable, helpful and appropriate comfort.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Job 19:21 (KJV) How to Give Real Comfort

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment