Thursday, April 21, 2016

Job 21:4 (KJV) No One Else Need Know

Job 21:4 (KJV)
As for me, is my complaint to man? and if it were so, why should not my spirit be troubled?
Some years ago I had to have a heart catheter in view of a possible open heart surgery. As the prospect of this potentially monumental life event drew close I determined that I didn’t want to have a ton of people around me while I was in the hospital. I called on one trusted preacher friend to pray with me, had a couple of men from the church I pastor who came to a waiting room and prayed and I had my immediate family there. The situation was:
  • Huge
  • Scary and 
  • Stressful
I just didn’t want to be pressed upon by people.
I wonder if Job might have felt a bit like that? He was in a terrible situation. He had and continued to meet with God about it. The supposed friends served no real purpose but to interfere with that meeting.
It was under these circumstances that Job told these miserable comforters that
  • His complaint
  • His communication
  • His distresses 
were between him and the Lord. If they had not pressed in and refused to give him space, they may not ever have known that Job’s spirit was troubled.
All of us go through times when we must pour out our hearts to the Lord. Those times are best accomplished in private or at least with only very trusted comforters.
No one else need ever know of our troubled spirit.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Job 21:4 (KJV) No One Else Need Know

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment