Thursday, May 12, 2016

Psalms 9:1-2 (KJV) The Privilege of Persons of Free Will

Psalms 9:1-2 (KJV)
I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
No doubt the majority of those viewing this will be familiar with the “I wills” of Lucifer (Isaiah 14:12-14). Satan’s fall was the direct result of his own will. He exercised his right of free will to his own destruction.
“I” and more specifically “I will” is one of the most self-damning attitudes any person may have. However, having a will is not evil in and of itself. Here God’s Word gives us four wholesome “I wills” to which every human being is wise to affirm:
I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heartHis praise is not half hearted. He pours all of his heart into praising God.
I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.The psalmist determines to manifest, proclaim, make known all God’s marvelous works. This necessarily implies that he has undertaken to learn them.
I will be glad and rejoice in theeRejoicing is not always a natural response to the circumstances of this life. In order to be glad and rejoice in God one has to have determined to do so.
I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.This is not necessarily difficult except that first, singing exposes oneself and it is not in the nature of all to do that and second, the natural man prefers music of a different sort than glorifies God.
I will, the self determinate privilege of persons of free will, may be exercised for evil or good.
Exercise yours for godliness.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others

Psalms 9:1-2 (KJV) The Privilege of Persons of Free Will

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment