Saturday, October 07, 2017

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 (KJV) The Thing About Judging

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 (KJV)
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
It seems to me to be pretty obvious that the subject of judging would come up. The first audience of this epistle must have thought Paul was judging them. He surely already knew they were judging him as less than the Apostles.
First, Paul didn’t let their judging of him offend himThere was no reason to be offended. They were carnal. He had already determined that. Carnal Christians can be expected to behave carnally.
Second, he confessed to having a judgeOne better than casting the beam out of your own eye is to let the Lord do it. The highest judge of any was on Paul’s case. This didn’t leave Paul beaten down or falsely built up. It left him free from the worries of man’s judgment.
Third, Paul taught them that any judgment in this world is uselessNone of us know the end of a thing. We do not know if this man’s ministry is greater than another man’s. We cannot tell the eternal fruit of one or the other.
We are left with this one thing, be faithful. To the best of our understanding, and as God gives us strength, be faithful to what we understand to be the truth in God’s Word. Leave the rest to the Lord.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3900 earlier Daily Visits with God visit http://bit.ly/18XDiAs. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 (KJV) The Thing About Judging

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment