Wednesday, October 11, 2017

1 Corinthians 8:12-13 (KJV) I’d Rather Be Like Paul

1 Corinthians 8:12-13 (KJV)
But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
Paul was such a different sort of Christian than our modern believers. Paul had clearly taught that he/we could eat meats, even if they had been sacrificed to idols, so long as we did not eat them in worship of those idols. The idols are nothing. They exist only in the imaginations of pagan men and women. They have:
  • No life
  • No power 
  • No influence 
other than that which their followers allow them. They to not:
  • Eat
  • Breath
  • Walk
  • Think or 
  • Act 
They are benign. They are less than dead. They are nothing. Consequently, to eat the meat offered to them is no different than eating any other meat.
Except if eating that meat could be construed as worshiping the idol. In this case the eating of it would fall under the principle of 1 Thessalonians 5:22,
Abstain from all appearance of evil.And this – if eating the meat would offend another believer.
Paul willingly surrendered his right to eat the meat for the sake of another.
Today’s Christian would:
  • Be angry that someone has a conviction that infringes on his or her right, 
  • Call him a legalist, 
  • Purposely do the thing that offends the brother, 
  • Write a blog about how good it felt to exercise his liberty and then 
  • Separate himself from the church that taught the “legalistic” doctrine
I would rather be like Paul.

To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 3900 earlier Daily Visits with God visit http://bit.ly/18XDiAs. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

1 Corinthians 8:12-13 (KJV) I’d Rather Be Like Paul

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at Bible Baptist Church Fundraiser. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment