Thursday, February 15, 2018

Revelation 8:1 (KJV) Time, Timeless in Heaven

Revelation 8:1 (KJV)
And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
It seems to me there is a blending of heaven and earth in this verse.
One the one hand, there is no time in heaven
Perhaps one could argue that eternity had not yet begun so time still exists because it exists on earth. That is sort of my point. Heaven only relates to time, as it exists on earth.
On the other hand, the writer still sees according to what he knows
He knows time. He has no tools with which to communicate except those he has received on earth. God’s Spirit gives him his words, but he must communicate them with what he has in common with the earthly.

Time, timeless in heaven, must pass very quickly
What is a half an hour measured next to eternity?
Time, contrasted to judgment must seem like an eternity
In my cowboyin’ days, every time I sat on a bull, time seemed to stop the moment I called for the chute. The few times I made it to the eight second whistle always seemed like forever. Imagine how long a half hour of silence must seem in heaven!
Heaven is obviously not a silent place. Silence was meant to mark something. That something is the coming of Jesus Christ to reign over the earth. When heaven comes to earth it will be but a blip in the eternal radar. The saints will rejoice at the victory of Christ over His enemies. But it will seem as if it never ends to those enemies of God. The judgment, as Cain declared, is greater than they can bear.
I plead with all to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ today.
To my readers:
I would love to hear from you. Leave comments below.
For this and more than 4100 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Revelation 8:1 (KJV) Time, Timeless in Heaven

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment