Tuesday, June 05, 2018

John 11:41-43 (KJV) Just To Thank Him

John 11:41-43 (KJV)
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
Behold the power and authority of Jesus Christ. Lazarus, a man who had been four days dead, heard the voice of Jesus, resurrected to life and came forth out of the grave.
This event was witnessed by those:
  • Who knew Lazarus to be dead four days
  • Who had stayed at his grave all this time and
  • Who were aware of the claims of Christ’s deity 
There were questions about what Jesus might have been able to do if He had arrived before Lazarus died. But when Lazarus arose; this was unexpected by everyone.
What authority!
What power!
Truly, with God, all things are possible!
But the thing I notice is that, before He called Lazarus from the grave, He spoke with His Father. It wasn’t that He had to ask for the power. It wasn’t that He asked His Heavenly Father to resurrect Lazarus; Jesus could, would and did do that. He spoke to His father to thank Him and to acknowledge Him.
We shouldn’t only pray when we need something. We ought to pray just to speak with God, to acknowledge Him in all things and to thank Him for everything.

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4200 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

John 11:41-43 (KJV) Just To Thank Him

Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment