Thursday, January 24, 2019

Jeremiah 31:18-19 (KJV) Through Repentance

Jeremiah 31:18-19 (KJV)
I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God.
Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
In verse 17 God promised, “there is hope in thine end…” That hope is realized in the verses we consider here. Notice the progression:
They resisted God
He chastened them but they refused. Like a calf unaccustomed to the yoke, they fought against His will, His Word, His designs to lead them in His own direction. 
They quit fighting God
The young calf eventually surrenders to the yoke. In the same manner, one day Ephraim, in this case meaning Israel, will turn to the Lord. They will quit their fight. They will surrender their will to His. 
They repent before God
In that day that they turn to God they will finally see their sins against God. It is then they will be set for His blessings. 
Is not the same progression seen in each of us?
  • At first we resist God and all He teaches
  • Then we accept God through His Son, Jesus Christ 
  • It is then we can see how far from Him we are and we can begin, 
  • Through repentance, to walk closer to Him
I wonder how many of us are still, like that calf, fighting God’s yoke?
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4400 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Jeremiah 31:18-19 (KJV) Through Repentance

photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment