Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Micah 2:7 (KJV) Meddlin’


Micah 2:7 (KJV)
O thou that art named the house of Jacob, is the spirit of the LORD straitened? are these his doings? do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?
Last Sunday I joked with the people of the church I am blessed of the Lord to pastor that, if they weren’t in a good mood, they might want to stay home Sunday night. The message the Lord had given me to preach was not mean spirited by any means, but it would address issues that could be a bit “meddlin’”.  
I was reminded of a situation that happened with one of my boys when he was young. He had done something for which a discipline was necessary. In our house discipline was administered in this fashion: First, the boy would go to his room to await me. Then I would come in and we would talk about how loved he was. Next, I would explain the problem and why discipline was necessary. Finally, after the discipline, we would hug each other hard and tell each other we loved each other. We never left the room until complete fellowship had been restored. On this occasion, after the process was done, my son grabbed his back side and said, “It’s been awhile Dad. The callouses are gone!” There were smiles and levity even after such a serious moment.
Believers, whose hearts are right with the Lord, understand that even hard messages are meant for good. We do not run from them. We rather thank God for them.
Indeed, God’s words do good to him that walketh uprightly.
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4500 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Micah 2:7 (KJV) Meddlin’

photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment