Friday, July 26, 2019

Leviticus 26:28 (KJV) I, Even I


Leviticus 26:28 (KJV)
Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
This chapter is one of blessings and curses. The Bible teaches there are blessings attached to obedience to the Word of God and alternately, curses for disobedience. A casual observation of life reveals that this is generally true. Obedience to the principles set forth in the Bible tends toward success whereas disobedience tends toward failure. 
But more is involved in this chapter than simple tendencies. 
No amount of Bible obedience can of itself make one man able to defeat one hundred. These promises are supernatural. By the way, the promises were all experienced by David and his mighty men. The hand of God enabled them to do that which is not natural. 
The same is true of the curses. God assured them, “I, even I will chastise you.” Not natural tendencies but supernatural intervention. 
Now, this is Old Testament, but it should not be dismissed. Though God deals differently with each of us and gives spiritual gifts as He wills, we can expect that God, who is the same yesterday, today and forever, still has His immediate hand upon His people. From time to time God goes beyond what is natural and blesses above what we could possibly expect. And from time to time His hand chastens more greatly than we could have thought. 
It makes sense to know and obey the Bible. 
To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.
For this and more than 4600 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2006.
If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.
For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.
My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie
My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Leviticus 26:28 (KJV) I, Even I

photos from pexels.com
Please consider helping our church’s teen department by signing up for cash back shopping at http://www.dubli.com/M04VB. This program has three levels of participation, the first being completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment