Saturday, August 22, 2020

Isaiah 30:1 (KJV) Adding Sin to Sin



Isaiah 30:1 (KJV)

Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

We learn from verse two that the counsel and cover they took was from Egypt. At least one of the times Jerusalem did this was during the Babylonian invasion. Despite the preaching of Jeremiah against it, those who remained after Nebuchadnezzar had ravaged Jerusalem fled to Egypt for safety. Egypt had been a formidable power in the land and a major opponent to every power in the region. Though they were not the friends of the Jews, they were the enemy of Babylon and, as the saying goes, “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

The mistake was that it was not God’s will for them to trust in Egypt. God had given them counsel through Jeremiah and God had given them a covering through His Holy Spirit. They added to their sins by not trusting God. 


There are any number of applications of this truth today. So many professing believers run to the counsel of almost any professional before they will hearken to the counsel they hear in the pulpit. Instead of trusting the Holy Spirit to protect them, they flee to this or that movement. And those movements, if they are in the United States, generally flee to politics. 

I desire my only counsel to be that which God has provided in the pulpit and my only covering to be that which God has provided through the church God’s Spirit has brought me to be a part of. 

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and more than 5000 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
My author spotlight at Lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/marvinmckenzie

My author Page for Kindle/Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/author/marvinmckenzie

Isaiah 30:1 (KJV) Adding Sin to Sin

photos from pexels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment