Wednesday, September 30, 2020

John 2:9 (KJV) The Servants Knew


John 2:9 (KJV)

When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

The servants knew. 

  • The ruler didn’t know where the wine has come from
  • The guests likely did not know


The Bible says those who knew that a miracle had happened were servants. Even then it was a very specific group of servants, those which drew the water. Jesus never made His miracles plain to everyone and He doesn’t make Himself obvious even today. Those who know what Jesus does are,

  • Those who are servants 
  • Those servants who are active in obedience 
  • Those who by faith believe them

I have, for almost 40 years, drawn water from the Word of God. I have witnessed the Lord turn it into “wine,” saving souls and comforting believers. I know what He has done. 

  • I know He saved me
  • I know He called me to preach
  • I know he will save and use others

And sometimes, someone will hear me and believe. 

(Access more of my blogs by visiting the resource link on our church website at www.bbcpuyallup.org.)

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and more than 5000 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.onuniverse.com/

John 2:9 (KJV) The Servants Knew

photos from pexels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment