Saturday, November 21, 2020

Hosea 2:23 (KJV) Restoration

Hosea 2:23 (KJV)
And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

I am always impressed with the grace discovered in the Word of God. We have the second of the first two chapters of this prophecy. Each


chapter is intended to warn of God’s judgment of Israel, the ten northern tribes. We know that judgment to have occurred at the hands of the Assyrians, who nearly utterly obliterated those tribes. They had been so devastated that, to this day, they have no record of their tribal heritage, so very important to them in the Old Testament accounts. 

But each of these two chapters ends with a gracious promise of restoration. 

  • There will be a day when all of the tribes will be gathered together under one head. 
  • There will be a day when GOD will call them His people and they will call Him their God. 

This makes the prophecy of the Revelation so much more meaningful. That God chose the 144,000 for example out of every tribe means that God has not lost that record and that, one day, He will return it to them. 

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and more than 5100 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Hosea 2:23 (KJV) Restoration

photos from pexels.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment