Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Genesis 30:20 (KJV) It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way

Genesis 30:20 (KJV)

And Leah said, God hath endued me with a good dowry; now will my husband dwell with me, because I have born him six sons: and she called his name Zebulun.

There are so many heart-wrenching elements to the story of Jacob and his wives that one hardly knows where to begin. Oh, what trouble we create for ourselves and our loved ones when we choose to depart from the place God has us. 

I wish to point out but one of the tragedies of the passage. When Zebulun was born Leah, who had been in a constant contest with her sister Rachel over their husband Jacob’s affection sighs, “Now will my husband dwell with me.” This is in contrast to, Genesis 29:32 (KJV)
And Leah conceived, and bare a son, and she called his name Reuben: for she said, Surely the LORD hath looked upon my affliction; now therefore my husband will love me. 


Leah was never the favorite, never the wife of Jacob’s dreams. She was given to him by her own father’s deception. The Bible says that God opened Leah’s womb first because he saw that she was hated by Jacob. Leah hoped that having the firstborn child, her husband would grow to love her. But as the years passed and the competition between the sisters grew, Leah came to accept she would never win his love. She only hoped he would dwell with her. 

How sad when a marriage turns from love to merely dwelling together. It doesn’t have to be this way. God has a better plan if we will but follow Him. 

To my readers:
First of all, thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. Secondly, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and more than 5100 earlier Daily Visits with God visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Genesis 30:20 (KJV) It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way

No comments:

Post a Comment