Sunday, November 21, 2021

Psalms 11:1 (KJV) Why Flee?

Psalms 11:1 (KJV)

In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

Albert Barnes sets this verse up as a contrast between the believers and those enemies of the Lord.

“…how can you give me such counsel, as if I were to run away from danger, and to put no trust in God? He seems to have supposed that such an act of flight would have been construed by his enemies, and by the enemies of religion, as evidence that he had no faith or confidence in God.”

Though the world may view it as the common and prudent way to address evil and avoid danger, the Christian finds a different refuge than the mountains. He finds the strength to stay in confidence rather than to flee in fear.


The question is bigger than this because it is obvious God used the flight of the believers in Jerusalem under the persecution of Saul. But, it’s interesting, isn’t it that the Christians scattered everywhere but the Apostles stayed in Jerusalem?

Paul is later shown to flee at times and to stand his ground and other times.

It seems to me then that the answer is neither staying nor fleeing but in trusting the Lord. We ought to be so in tune with the Lord where we know it is the Lord who is leading us either way.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

Donate to Bible Baptist Church every time you make an Amazon purchase through this link, https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-1265824

For this and, more than 5400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Psalms 11:1 (KJV) Why Flee?

No comments:

Post a Comment