Sunday, October 29, 2023

Ecclesiastes 2:15 (KJV) Squandered Talents

Ecclesiastes 2:15 (KJV)

Then said I in my heart, As it happeneth to the fool, so it happeneth even to me; and why was I then more wise? Then I said in my heart, that this also is vanity.

Solomon’s reflection in verse nine is profound. Despite his sin, he retained the wisdom he had sought from God. The Lord did not withdraw it from him. However, he realized that this wisdom was meaningless unless it was centered on the Lord, a concept we’ll resolve at the end of the book of Ecclesiastes.

The lesson for believers is clear: the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.[1] God never takes them from us, even when we find ourselves amid sin and rebellion. However, these gifts go to waste and lose their purpose if we are not walking in close fellowship with the Lord.

It’s disheartening to possess God-given talents and be unable to use them for His work. This holds true in various life situations, such as when a person called to be a pastor is disqualified due to divorce.[2] The feeling of vanity, frustration, and the constant agony of possessing a gift from God but not being able to employ it for His purpose is deeply challenging.

This situation reminds me of Proverbs 31:3, emphasizing the urgency for young men and women to guard themselves both from each other and for God’s purposes. As we near the end of our earthly lives, we come to understand the immense value of reserving what belongs to God solely for His service.

#GiftsOfGod #WisdomInSin #GodsCalling #DivineGifts #ValuingGodsGifts #godlywisdom #spiritualgifts

Squandered Talents: Guarding What’s God’s


[1] Romans 11:29 (KJV)
For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

[2] This is a painful, and controversial but obvious illustration of a principle that can apply to any number of areas. For instance, in some cases a person’s poor use of finances, or lack of health may also disqualify them from exercising spiritual gifts that are intended for ministry.

To my readers:
Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6200 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Ecclesiastes 2:15 (KJV) Squandered Talents

No comments:

Post a Comment