Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Zechariah 11:7 (KJV) Promises and Prophecies

Zechariah 11:7 (KJV)

And I will feed the flock of slaughter, even you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock.

 

That this chapter is a messianic prophecy, there can be no doubt. Later verses speak of the betrayal of Christ by Judas, his agreement to thirty pieces of silver, and that money later being used to buy the potter’s field.[1]

Zechariah 11:12-13 (KJV) 

And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

 

God speaks of two staves, the tools of the shepherd. 

One He names Beauty.  

This unquestionably speaks of Jesus Christ.  

Zechariah 11:10 (KJV):  

And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.

Jesus was broken in the middle of Jerusalem, by the insistence of His covenant brethren, the Jews.

 


The other He names Bands.  

This, I believe, speaks of His covenant with the children of Israel.  

Zechariah 11:14 (KJV):  

Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

 

The Word of God, through Jesus and then later Paul, clearly declares the shift of God’s focus from the Jews to the Gentiles. God kept Israel, through the promise of their Messiah and through His covenant promises with them. These were broken through the choices of the Jewish people.

 

Praise God He keeps His promises even when people do not keep their end of God’s command.

 

#MessianicProphecy #GodsPromises #JesusOurShepherd #BiblicalProphecy #FaithfulGod

Promises and Prophecies: Beauty and Bands

 



[1] Matthew 27:3-8 (KJV)

Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.

And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.

And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.

Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.


Call to Action

  • Pray for a deeper understanding of God's word.
  • Share this message with others.
  • Reflect on the ways God has been faithful in your life.

Join the conversation. Subscribe to our newsletter for more biblical insights.

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Zechariah 11:7 (KJV) Promises and Prophecies

No comments:

Post a Comment