Thursday, August 01, 2024

Genesis 22:5 (KJV) Faith Tested and Proven


Genesis 22:5 (KJV)

And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

 

I am aware that many skeptics and non-believers use this account to throw scorn on the faith of the followers of God’s Word. What they focus on is what they would consider the “negative outcome.” They ignore that the outcome was not negative. I believe the passage is all about the character of God and Abraham’s understanding of it. Abraham knew God in a way no unbeliever ever could. The point of the passage is that Abraham was willing to do as God instructed because Abraham knew the character of God is only and completely good. Whatever He asks of us will always be only and completely good.

 

I’m interested in considering, at this moment, the young men Abraham and Isaac had with them. The Bible says, Genesis 22:3 (KJV):  

And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

 


And the Bible says, Genesis 22:19 (KJV):  

So Abraham returned unto his young men, and they rose up and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba.

 

But in between, the Bible says, Genesis 22:5 (KJV):  

And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

 

We all need help. We walk together in our walk with God. But sometimes, our walk with God requires us to leave the help of others and walk the trail alone. They would just never understand.

 

Abraham was privileged to walk this trail with his son. That’s not to say the path was easy. A person might even think he wished he didn’t have his son with him. I know a bit of that feeling. I am blessed that my children walk with God and that we have fellowship together in this walk with the Lord. But I sometimes find myself crying out to the Lord because, having been there, I know the pain they know due to their ministry.

 

The key to stepping into difficult places and leading your family to do the same is trusting that God is always, only, and completely good.

 

#FaithInGodsGoodness #AbrahamAndIsaac #TrustingGodsPlan #WalkingWithGod #BiblicalLessons

Faith Tested and Proven: God's Goodness in Difficult Paths


Call to Action

  • Have you ever faced a moment where you had to step out in faith, trusting God's character even when the path seemed difficult?

  • Consider how you can trust God's goodness in your own circumstances. Make it a priority to seek God's guidance and reaffirm your trust in Him. 

👉 Join our community in studying God’s Word and strengthening your faith.

To my readers:

Thank you! It is a great joy to me to know you read the thoughts and lessons God has given me in His word. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave comments.

For this and, more than 6400 earlier Daily Visits with God, visit https://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com. There you will find daily visits going back to 2005.

If you have been blessed by this blog, please subscribe to my feed and share it with others.

For more resources from Pastor Marvin McKenzie visit http://puyallupbaptistchurch.com.

My books, and other resources, are available at:
https://marvinmckenzie.org

Join me at Daily Visits with God Podcast
https://marvinmckenzie.substack.com/

Merch at my Teespring store https://macz.creator-spring.com/
Be a witness with hats, mugs, t-shirts, sweat shirts, and more

Let’s have coffee?
The link to Ko-fi  is an opportunity to support this effort to reach a world of souls with the Word of God. I would appreciate any gift you can give. 

Genesis 22:5 (KJV) Faith Tested and Proven

No comments:

Post a Comment