Saturday, April 21, 2007

I will mention the lovingkindness of the Lord


Isaiah 63:7 KJV
I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.

This verse, in light especially of
Isaiah 63:5 KJV
And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.
Since no man is able to help the lost, no man is able to rescue the sinner God's determination is that He will do it Himself. In light of that great truth, the prophet says, "I will mention the lovingkindness of the Lord..."

The least I can do is daily mention His lovingkindness, if in nothing else than to give out this or a similar passage to another. The least I can do in consideration of the salvation that the Lord Himself has brought me is to let others know about Him. To share a verse that offers praise to God, to quote a Scripture that honors the Lord.

None of us can save a man's soul. But all of us can mention the lovingkindness of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment