Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Walk in the Truth

3 John 1:4 KJV
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Barnes Notes says this verse may be applied
To the pastor who derives great joy in the continued testimony of those he has had a ministry with and
To the parent who finds such satisfaction and pleasure in having children who live for the Lord

A third application would be to see God as speaking through the Apostle (which in fact He is). Nothing delights our Heavenly Father like seeing His children, those He has saved from their sins, walking in truth.

And then there is the word truth. The delight of the Father is not just that we are
Faithful to services
Consistent in religion
Constant about ministries


The Father loves to see His children walking in truth. I take that to mean, searching out the truth as we find it in the Word of God.

I want to be careful not to settle into a routine of Christianity that is comfortable for me and that keeps me in the good company of other so-called believers. I want to always be searching the truth as it is found in the Word of God. I want to true to that Word even when it points me to places that are uncomfortable for me and contrary to where the crowds of Christianity are headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment