Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time and Time Again

Psalms 86:4-5 KJV
Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

Yesterday I read a piece that reminded me that God's mercies are new every morning. Time and time again we may come to the Father and lift up our souls unto Him. And time and time again we find that He gives rejoicing and joy and wonderful grace.

Our Lord truly is
Good and
Ready to forgive and
Plenteous in mercy


As a freshwater spring, ever bubbling with new, fresh and pure refreshment; so the Lord offers new, fresh and pure mercy each and every time we call upon Him.

And I find that is how I need it. It would never have done if we had gotten all we could want in one fell swoop. Because I find that I have fresh reasons to need both God's mercy and grace each and every day.

Many times it is because I have discovered a new sin in my own life.
It is amazing how we can go for years blind to some sin, hidden away in our hearts. We arrogantly go forth as if we have become somebody in Christ's family; only to discover one day that our sins are hidden deeper than we could have imagined and those petty things we put off early in our faith were mere pebbles in comparison to the wickedness that is buried in our hearts.

Sometimes and oftentimes I need fresh mercy and grace because of the changes in life circumstances.
This world is a roller coaster that I was in no way designed to enjoy. Things change. Some of those things are the things that I cling to for security and peace of mind. My world gets rocked frequently as those things that have been my stay and stability seem to be removed from me one after the other.

In the midst of this I find great joy in knowing that the Lord is good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment