Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No Small Feat

Jeremiah 33:20-21 KJV
Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
Then may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.

I love this!

God says His covenant (promises) to Israel is as sound and solid as the day in the night in their season. If it is possible for a man to make the sun fail to rise in the morning or to prevent it from setting at night, then God said it would be possible for God's promises to David to be broken.

I am reminded of two New Testament promises

John 10:27-29 KJV
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.


Romans 8:37-39 KJV
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


God's promises are sure. They are so sure that no man will ever have the ability to force God to break them.
No sin we commit
No burden we bear
No thought we think
Nothing will prevent our Lord from keeping His promises to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment