Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let God's Word Take Hold

Zechariah 1:6 KJV
But my words and my statutes, which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not take hold of your fathers? and they returned and said, Like as the LORD of hosts thought to do unto us, according to our ways, and according to our doings, so hath he dealt with us.

The context is a negative one. Their fathers had heard the Word of God, but they did not hearken to them. However, this verse says that the Word of God did "take hold" of them. And this is exactly what I am praying for our generation and for those I have the privilege of preaching to.
I am praying that the Word of God takes hold of them.
I am praying that the Word of God does not let them go.
I am praying that they are seized by the Word of God and cannot help but to think upon it and meditate over it and then let it overtake their lives.


In the context, it appears to me that the idea is that the Word of God overtook them in judgment. I want to see the Word of God overtake people in righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment