Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Truth

2 John 1:1-4 KJV
The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.



John loves "in the truth."There is a love we ought to have for all people; but genuine and Christian love is "in the truth." We love them for our mutual love of the truth.

John writes "for the truth's sake."Which should be the motivator of every Christian action.

Grace mercy and peace come from God the Father and Jesus Christ "in truth and love"
I am going to receive these treasures from the Lord as I find them in the Word of God, which is the truth.

John rejoiced in those "walking in truth."
We are not servants of the Lord vainly. We desire to see souls grab the truth and walk in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment