Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wisdom Understanding Knowledge

Proverbs 24:3-4 KJV
Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:
And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.


I am reminded of two things as I begin my considerations of these verses:
First, a house here might refer to both the family home and the house of God.
Secondly, wisdom, especially as it is found in Proverbs, speaks of Jesus Christ


So
Christ must build the houseBoth the istitution of the family and the family of God in a local church.
Psalms 127:1 KJV
Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
Matthew 16:18 KJV
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Understanding of the doctrines and truths of Christ
Gives both the family and the church its foundation.

And
Not just understanding the doctrines but;
Growing in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus ChristIs what fills the rooms of the home with those riches; which I believe refers to souls, and not financial wealth.

For further thoughts on wisdom click here:
http://mckenzie-visit-with-god.blogspot.com/2009/08/wisdom-is-out-to-get-us.html

No comments:

Post a Comment