Thursday, February 05, 2009

How Shall They Know?

Exodus 33:16 KJV
For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
Moses claimed that there is only one way the world would know that a people have found grace in the sight of God; that is that God's presence goes with them. That is the only true separation from the world that is necessary and if that be the case, all man contrived forms of separation will become superfluous. They just will not matter any more.

Not that there won't be separation standards; but they not be what separates us from the world.

I am not looking to look differently than the world so they know I am different. I am looking to know the Lord and have His presence in my life. Because of that presence I will be different in language, in interests and even in appearance and dress. But those will not be the things that make me different. What makes me different is God's presence in my life.

Too much of Christianity is mere show. We want to look like we are different and pretend we have the presence of God. But it is a sham and everyone around us knows it.

Lord, give me YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment