Thursday, April 16, 2009

How To Fix Thoughts

Proverbs 16:3 KJV
Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

It is interesting to note that the Bible says the way to change our lives is by what we think and the way to change what we think is by what we do.

When a person comes to me with problems of sin. I do not tell him to change what he does first of all.
I tell him to get into the Bible.
I tell him to hear good preaching
I tell him to listen to Christian music
Our actions, more often than not, are in a large measure influenced by the things we think about. That is why the Bible says
Philippians 4:8 KJV
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

On the other hand, if a person is having trouble with his thoughts. If he is thinking about the wrong things: then I might advise him to change what he is doing;
Change the places he goes
Change the entertainment he practices
Change the crowd he hangs out with

The Bible says that if we will commit our works to the Lord, then our thoughts will be established.

I advise people who are unhappy to put on a smile anyway. I advise them to try to make other people happy. And more often than not, when they will do that, it makes them happy too.

God’s Word is true and right altogether. We must trust and obey it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment