Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why Excellent Things

Proverbs 22:19-21 KJV
That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.
Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?


God has given to us "excellent things in counsels and knowledge" for at least these three reasons:

That thy trust may be in the LordGod's Word gives me reason to trust in the Lord. Gives me reason to be saved and reason to live my life in a manner that rests upon Him and not upon my own will.

That [He] might make thee to know the certainty of the words of truthGod wants my trust to not only be upon Him, but upon His Word. And in truth, there is no such thing as an honest trst in the Lord that is not grounded in a firm faith in the Word of God. To trust in a god who is the figment of our own thoughts is to be truly blind, and heading to the ditch!

That thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee
God has every intention of using His children to bring others to a saving faith. Faith is not produced in the human intelligence. Faith is a gift that comes from God and is passed on from one who has faith to another who lacks it. And we pass on that faith to those who ask us, not when we tell them our own opinions but when we give to them what God has given to us from the Scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment