Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Remember

1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

It is always good to remember what we once were. It serves two purposes that I am aware of;

It gives me no reason to judge.Truth is the only reason I may not be those things I once was is because of the grace of God and His work in my life. There has been a whole lot of discipline that has gone on. There has been even more mercy shown me from the Lord.
If I am not what I once was it is through no merit of my own but only the work of God's Holy Spirit. I have no right to think of myself more highly than any others.

It gives me much reason to praise.
What goodness God has demonstrated to me these many years since I was saved!
The changes HE has made in my life
The opportunities HE has provided me
The blessings HE has bestowed upon me
I have many reasons to be thankful to the Lord and I want to make sure I express that gratitude often.

No comments:

Post a Comment