Tuesday, October 13, 2009

He Only

Psalms 62:6 KJV
He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

The Psalmist repeats twice "He only is my rock....."

My thoughts focused on the world "only"

Strong's Concordance gives these three tenors to the definition of the word

A limitation "only"
May we have no other rock and no other hope for salvation and defense. May we see Christ alone and only as our rock.

An affirmation "surely"His hope is fixed in Christ. He does not question whether this rock is the right rock. He has no worries as to whether his choice is correct. He is sure.

"Certainly"
And this rock is a secure rock. What he trusts this rock to accomplish will most certainly be accomplished.

I have no hope other than the hope I place in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment