Friday, January 08, 2010

My Strength

Isaiah 27:5 KJV
Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me.
This passage is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ.

Gill says
"Not on the law, as the Targum and Kimchi; but on Christ, as Jerom rightly interprets it; who is the strength and power of God, the man of his right hand he has made strong for himself; a strong tower, as the word signifies, a rock of defence, to whom saints may betake themselves, and be safe; in him they have righteousness and strength; in him is everlasting strength."

I love that title for Jesus Christ; "my strength."
The person who takes hold of Christ so "that he may make peace" with God will find that "he shall make peace" with God. It is a sure thing.

Jesus is God's strength for countless reasons, but none more significant to the soul in need of forgiveness than that He is the strength of God for salvation.

He is strong and will not fail
He is strong and able to hold on to that which We have committed to Him
He is strong and well able to defeat al our adversaries

No comments:

Post a Comment