Sunday, February 14, 2010

All The Counsel Of God

Acts 20:27 KJV
For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

It happened that my devotions took me to both this passage and
Jeremiah 42:4 KJV
Then Jeremiah the prophet said unto them, I have heard you; behold, I will pray unto the LORD your God according to your words; and it shall come to pass, that whatsoever thing the LORD shall answer you, I will declare it unto you; I will keep nothing back from you.

In the Jeremiah passage, he did declare all that the LORD said, but they did not obey or follow. In fact Jeremiah preached it to them knowing that they had dissembled and would not obey.

We need to hear all the counsel of God's Word even if we don't obey it. Of course the right thing to do would be to submit and follow God's message, but even if that isn't what we do, it is still what we need.

I wonder how many people will attend services today that are designed in a way to promote and keep high attendance rather than to proclaim all the counsel of God?

God gives us men who will preach!

No comments:

Post a Comment