Wednesday, July 07, 2010

For I Am

Leviticus 26:44
And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.

It is obvious, when reading Leviticus 25 and 26, that God knew what would happen with Israel and Babylon.

This is a thousand years before the fact but God already pronounces what would happen if Israel did not give the land it's Sabbath rests.
• He pronounced they should accept the punishment of their iniquity
• He pronounced they would go in to another land and
• He pronounced that even there He would not utterly forsake them.


Learn the timelessness of God. It is not just that He accurately predicts the future but He is in the future and in the past as they are His present. He may be fully trusted. Nothing is a guess for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment