Sunday, July 11, 2010

Put My Name Upon Them

Numbers 6:23-27
Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.


These are words that God Himself instructed the priest to pronounce upon the people and so put God's name upon them.

I know I am no priest but this is a practice I want to have, every so often putting God's name on my congregation thus.

These are also the words of prayer I want to place upon my sons and upon their families frequently; seeking that the name of the Lord would be upon the and that God would indeed bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment