Friday, November 05, 2010

True Exercise

Acts 24:16 KJV
And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

Paul worked at having a conscience that was void of offence both toward God and toward men.

I am reminded of the two great commandments; love God and love thy neighbor. I see three things.
First this free conscience did not come by accident but only through exercise.
We must not assume such things but must work toward them.

Second a sound conscience must be toward God first.
It is impossible to have a conscience void of offense if there is an offence toward God.

Third Paul's conscience was void of offense even though men were offended with him.
I cannot please everyone. I can live in such a way that, though people have not understood, my conscience knows I worked at expressing the deepest love and concern for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment