Monday, February 07, 2011

Why Powerless Preaching

Hebrews 5:11 KJV
Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

The Apostle laid the fault of difficulty in preaching upon those to whom he preached. He said some things are hard to be uttered because they were dull of hearing and not because he was ill prepared.

I can attest that there are times when it is much easier to preach than at other times. Sometimes surely the problem is my own. Perhaps I have become distracted by something other than the preaching or I may not feel well.

But many times it isn't me at all but that the congregation that is dull of hearing.
• They are not prepared
• They are distracted
They are not spiritually well and it reveals itself in a difficult spirit to preach to.

No comments:

Post a Comment