Friday, April 22, 2011

I Love the Lord Because

Psalms 116:1-2 KJV
I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

The Psalmist's only reason for loving the Lord was because He had heard and inclined His ear toward him.

• There were bonds
• There were afflictions
• There was trouble and sorrow
• There was the pain of death
Still God had heard his supplications and he loved the Lord for it.

Life is going to have sorrow and trouble. It is the consequence of living in this broken world. But there is hope in the future and there is reason to live on today. The Psalmist's response in love was to
• Accept salvation
• Enter into God's service and
• Offer sacrificial thanksgiving

Good counsel for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment