Saturday, May 07, 2011

Cause Me

Psalms 143:8 KJV
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

David understood that it was not of him to decide to hear God's lovingkindness or to know the way wherein he should walk. All of this was a work that God must cause to happen in his soul.

And thus he prayed.

The Bible says
• He remembered the days of old
• He stretched forth his hands towards God and
• He thirsted for God
He prayed for what God would do in his soul.

Too much religion is about what we will do for God and not nearly enough about what He must do in us. We must have God cause us to come to Him cause us to know Him and cause us to walk with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment