Monday, June 20, 2011

He Loved Them

John 13:1 KJV
Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

My personal reading through John this round has led me to fix more on the Lord's love. My goal has been that in meditating on His love, I might grow in my love for Him.

This text is touching in so many ways. I can sense the emotion of the Lord knowing that His hour had come. Life is growing short on earth; His current relationship with the Apostles was about to come to an end and He loved them.

• The personal touch of the towel and washing of their feet
• The conversation with Peter
• Even His admonition to Judas, "that thou doest, do quickly"
Speaks of the emotion of love.

How thankful I am for the Love of the Lord for me and for those I love. How I pray that I can both love the Lord and love the church more for His sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment